To catalyze sustainable growth by creating an enabling environment for the corporate sector to work in partnership with the Government, Non-Government, and Civil Society Organizations, as well as Community Organizations in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has now assumed a significant importance. The Government of Gujarat attaches due importance to the welfare activities that will be conducted for the well-being of people of the State of Gujarat. In this regard, a need has been felt for optional utilization of the CSR (Fund, through facilitating both the Public and Private Sector Companies in relation to carrying out their CSR activities.
- To provide a neutral and credible platform to all stakeholders engaged in CSR best practices for capturing relevant issues to foster sustainable growth.
- To provide research, training, practice, capacity building, standard setting, advocacy, rating, monitoring, recognition and related support in the field of CSR.
- To facilitate exchange of experiences and ideas between various stakeholders for developing a framework for strengthening of CSR indicatives.
- To facilitate any other assistance directly or indirectly for activities which seek to promote CSR practices.
- To establish and deepen links with the organisations in various parts of the world which promote CSR practices for exchange of ideas and for collaborative actions and programmes.
- To collaborate and to support, directly or indirectly, the initiative of any individual, group, organisation or institution in promoting good practices in CSR.
- To establish a database of credible implementing outfits with whom the corporate entities as well as the donor organisations can collaborate and work.
- To create CSR fund with contribution of Government PSUs and private sector companies and channelize the CSR fund for optimum utilisation through a sustainable mechanism.
- To implement various CSR projects of state importance through credible implementing agencies in that area.
- To conduct activities relating to
- Public health in general but preventive health care and sanitation in particular
- Promotion of employment enhancing vocation skills especially among youth
- Promotion of an ecosystem for enhancement of cognitive growth of Pre-Anganwadi children
- Contributions of funds to the technology incubators located within Gujarat
- Such other activities relating to CSR as may be prescribed in the Companies Act 2013 or Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 or any other rules which Central Government may make from time to time.
- To do all such other things as may be deemed incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.